Are you a fan of streaming media content? Do you want to enjoy your favourite TV shows, movies, and music on your Android box? If yes, then Kodi is the perfect solution for you. Kodi is an open-source media player that allows you to stream media content from a variety of sources.
In this guide, we will take you through the step-by-step process of installing Kodi 17.1 on your Android box. We will cover everything from preparing your Android box to setting up Kodi and installing add-ons.
So, let’s get started!
Preparing Your Android Box
Before you can install Kodi on your Android box, you need to enable the “Unknown Sources” option in the settings. This will allow you to install apps from sources other than the Google Play Store.
To enable the “Unknown Sources” option, follow these steps:
- Go to “Settings” on your Android box.
- Scroll down and select “Security & restrictions.”
- Scroll down and toggle on “Unknown sources.”
Once you have enabled the “Unknown Sources” option, you need to download ES File Explorer from the Google Play Store. ES File Explorer is a file manager that will allow you to navigate and manage files on your Android box.
To download ES File Explorer, follow these steps:
- Go to the Google Play Store on your Android box.
- Search for “ES File Explorer.”
- Select “Install” to download and install the app.
Once you have downloaded ES File Explorer, you are ready to download Kodi 17.1.
Downloading Kodi 17.1
Before you can install Kodi 17.1, you need to download the latest version of the app. Kodi 17.1 is the latest stable version of the app and includes bug fixes and performance improvements over previous versions.
To download Kodi 17.1, follow these steps:
- Open your web browser on your Android box.
- Go to the official Kodi website at kodi.tv/download.
- Scroll down and select the Android icon.
- Select the ARMV7A (32BIT) option, which is the version compatible with most Android boxes.
- Wait for the download to complete.
Once the download is complete, you need to save the file to a known location on your Android box. We recommend saving the file to the “Downloads” folder for easy access.
Installing Kodi 17.1
Now that you have downloaded Kodi 17.1, you can proceed to install the app on your Android box.
To install Kodi 17.1, follow these steps:
- Launch ES File Explorer on your Android box.
- Navigate to the “Downloads” folder where you saved the Kodi 17.1 file.
- Click on the Kodi 17.1 file to initiate the installation process.
- Click “Install” to confirm the installation of Kodi 17.1.
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
Once the installation process is complete, you can launch Kodi 17.1 from your Android box’s app drawer. In the next section, we will show you how to set up Kodi 17.1 and customize the app to your liking.
Setting up Kodi
After you have installed Kodi 17.1 on your Android box, it’s time to set it up. When you launch Kodi for the first time, you will be prompted to configure the initial settings and preferences. These settings will determine how Kodi functions and how it looks.
To configure the initial settings and preferences, follow these steps:
- Select “Continue” on the first screen to proceed.
- Select your preferred language from the list.
- Select “Yes” when asked if you want to allow Kodi to access your media files.
- Choose a skin/theme for Kodi. You can select one of the default skins or download a custom skin from the internet.
- Configure your video and audio settings. You can choose your preferred playback options, video resolution, and audio output.
- Once you have configured the initial settings and preferences, press “Save & Exit.”
Now that you have set up Kodi, it’s time to install add-ons and repositories to enhance its functionality. Add-ons are plugins that can be installed to add new features and capabilities to Kodi. Repositories are collections of add-ons that can be installed all at once.
To install add-ons and repositories, follow these steps:
- Go to the Kodi home screen.
- Select “Add-ons” from the menu on the left-hand side.
- Select “Install from repository” to browse the available repositories.
- Browse the list of repositories and select the one you want to install.
- Once you have selected a repository, browse the list of add-ons and select the one you want to install.
- Press “Install” to install the add-on.
Repeat these steps for each add-on and repository you want to install. You can install as many add-ons and repositories as you want to enhance Kodi’s functionality.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed Kodi 17.1 on your Android box and set it up. By following this guide, you can now enjoy your favourite TV shows, movies, and music on your Android box.
Remember to install add-ons and repositories to enhance Kodi’s functionality and explore everything that Kodi has to offer. With Kodi, the possibilities are endless. Happy streaming!