- Basic Info
- Color Scheme and Regions
- Base Stats and Growth
- Wild Stats Level-up
- KO Strategy
- Weight Reduction
The Pelagornis is one of the Creatures in ARK: Survival Evolved.
This section is intended to be an exact copy of what the survivor Helena Walker, the author of the dossiers, has written. There may be some discrepancies between this text and the in-game creature.
You are watching: pelagornis ark
“ It swims on the surface, like a raft. „ ~ Jeremy
Flying a tamed Pelagornis into the water will cause it to “land”, and swim around until you take off again. Wild Pelagornis are naturally shy creatures that will fly away at the first sign of conflict.
A relative of modern seagulls, Pelagornis is instantly recognizable from the more common Ichthyornis by its size. With a wingspan rivaling Argentavis, it also possesses a beak filled with tooth-like projections for snagging fish, as well as webbed feet for paddling upon the ocean surface when it must rest its wings.
Color Scheme and Regions
This section displays the Pelagornis’s natural colors and regions. For demonstration, the regions below are colored red over an albino Pelagornis. The colored squares shown underneath each region’s description are the colors that the Pelagornis will randomly spawn with to provide an overall range of its natural color scheme. Hover your cursor over a color to display its name and ID.
This information can be used to alter the Pelagornis’s regions by entering cheat SetTargetDinoColor <ColorRegion> <ColorID> in the cheat console. For instance, cheat SetTargetDinoColor 0 6 would color the Pelagornis’s “feathers” magenta.
- Raw Meat
- Fresh Poultry
Base Stats and Growth
Wild Stats Level-up
Type in values of a wild creature to see on which stats it’s emphasized. Green values on a high-level creature are very good for breeding. If you have already tamed your creature you can try to recover the breeding stats with an external tool.
The stat-calculator does not work in the mobile-view, see here for alternatives: Apps
Note that after the creature is tamed it gets bonuses on some stats depending on the taming effectiveness. This makes it hard to retrieve the levels on a tamed creature, so this tool is only for wild ones, but gives a first impression, how well the stats are distributed.
The Pelagornis deals ten times more damage to Coelacanth, Sabertooth Salmon, and Piranha, and can harvest them with the same attack that killed them. Coelacanth and Salmon can usually be killed in one hit by this, but Piranha have more health and may require two or three hits.
Readmore: HP 15-ay196nr Review | Napo News Online
Pelagornis will not eat normal raw or cooked meats
Note that the values are for optimal cases, always bring extra supplies! For a level-dependent count of resources needed, try an external taming calculator.
Ingredients for Regular Kibble: 1 × Cooked Meat Jerky, 1 × Medium Egg, 5 × Fiber, 2 × Longrass, 2 × Savoroot, 1 × Water
The most reliable strategy for downing Pelagornis is to use a regular bow with tranquilizer arrows. Crossbows and Compound Bows may kill them before actually downing them depending on your server settings, the quality of your weapon, and the health of the bird. It is possible to use a bola on them, so if it’s walking on the beach, this can be very easy.
If you have a low melee level Pteranodon, you can attack the Pelagornis and get it to flee inland, where a tribe mate can use a bola and then you both attack it with Tranq darts.
Alternatively you can follow them till they reach land and bola or shoot them so they can knock out over land.
Another strategy is to get a Raft directly under the flying Pelagornis, so there is a chance that they land on your raft and you can easily bola them and knock them out. Or you can try to bola them while flying over your raft.
One additional strategy is to use a grappling hook when over land, thus not allowing the Pelagornis to fly away and making the KO very easy.
This section describes how to fight against the Pelagornis. Due to their skittish temperament, they’ll flee when attacked.
When a wild Pelagornis is attacked it will fly away. Use a Bola to hold it in place to knock it out or kill it easier.
Because of their ability to fly, ranged weaponry is recommended.
While the Pelagornis itself does not usually pose a threat, they will fly away when attacked, so a player more concentrated with killing or taming one than watching their surroundings may find themselves ambushed by a pack of Raptors or other hungry carnivores nearby, so it is best to quickly scout around the area before going in for the kill/tame.
See more: Natah (Quest) | Napo News Online
Because of their low base Health, critical hits will make quick work of them.
- Scavenger: Pelagornis is a great creature for trying to get the last hit on prey, due to its exclusive ability to kill and harvest a creature in a single attack. Circle around a fight of predators and wait for one of them to get bloodied, then swoop in to finish it off. This allows players to farm Meat or Hide without coming near enough to get damaged. However, the Pelagornis can not gather Prime Meat with this ability, so its utility is limited. (Level Weight and Melee Damage).
- Oceanic Kick-Starter: When on water, Pelagornis lands safely and becomes a fast swimmer. This can save your life if your Pelagornis happens to get low on Stamina, but in swimming mode, Pelagornis will attract aquatic creatures, which can make Megalodon your next problem but can also help with taming an Ichthyosaurus. They will swim up to the Pelagornis, and can be either tamed on the spot or led to a safer enclosed area, with the added bonus of being able to fly away should sea predators appear. To early players, this can be a helpful kick-start to establishing an oceanic presence. However, the high Saddle level means that players may no longer have need of this utility once they are able to ride their Pelagornis.
- Organic Polymer Farmer: Can be used to fly to the snow and eat Penguins, harvesting Organic Polymer from them. Note that younger Penguins give substantially more Polymer, so target the babies first, as all Penguins will run as soon as you start attacking. Polymer is heavy, and the Pelagornis’ base weight is very low. (Level Weight and Melee Damage)
- Fish Killer: The Pelagornis gets a massive attack bonus against Piranhas, Sabertooth Salmon, Cnidaria and Coelacanth. It will easily kill and harvest Fish Meat from them in one shot, usually killing multiple Piranhas in one hit as they tend to swarm as soon as you land on the water. Note that the bonus damage does not apply to Mantas or other sea creatures.
- Long Distance Scout: Pelagornis get a 36.5% boost to flying speed when they are tamed, and have fairly good base stamina. Combined with their ability to land nearly anywhere to regain their stamina, this makes them an excellent long haul scout that can either out fly or out last someone trying to chase it down. (Level Stamina).
- Fishing Platform: Players can fish while on a Pelagornis, and it can fly to easily reach a favorite fishing location. Furthermore, if predators approach the Pelagornis, it can fly away to safety and to another fishing spot, which may eventually become tedius as you realise they are not immune to piranha aggro. This is not yet available on mobile version though. (Level Health and Weight).
- Travel: The Pelagornis can be a great travel mount due to it being able to land in water to regenerate Stamina while also being able to stay away from terrestrial predators such as Rexes or Yutyrannus, though the Argentavis can fit this role much better.
The Pelagornis reduces the weight of the following resources by the listed amount while they are in its inventory (weight reduction is not working in singleplayer) :
Resource Reduction Organic Polymer 80%
Resource Efficiency Organic Polymer ★★★★★ Raw Fish Meat ★★★★★ Raw Meat ★★★☆☆ Hide ★☆☆☆☆
For information pertaining specifically to the real-world Pelagornis, see the relevant Wikipedia article.
- Won’t eat Raw Meat. Only Fish.
- Pelagornis will throw you off their back if you’re flying over lava. Be careful!
- You can place Rafts while riding on a Pelagornis.
- The dossier was revealed on 05/30/16.
- The Pelagornis miocaenus is the same name as the type species of genus Pelagornis, the genus name means ‘miocene’ in Latin.
- With a wingspan of around 6 m (18 ft), Pelagornis was one of the longest wingspan flying birds in history (Argentavis could have been bigger, but its wingspan is unknown).
- The Pelagornis will not spawn in Scorched Earth, not even through commands. If you try to transfer it through an Obelisk it will disappear forever! (Seems fixed on unofficial. Tested 4/29/17 it’s alive and well)
- The Pelagornis fits through an opened doorway, and unridden stands under ceilings 1 wall high (except when a sloped ceiling is used over the doorway). It can thus go anywhere inside a base that is ramp accessible.
- Pelagornis is one of the few animals that doesn’t have a collar with a check mark by it in the notes. Even though it can be be tamed Helena didn’t add a collar or check mark with her information.
- By spamming the jump button looking down on the surface of water, you can travel underwater without either you or the Pelagornis losing oxygen.
Patch Changes 245.0 Pelagornis is added to the game 245.2 Fixed issue with Tamed Pelagornis’ disappearing 247.1 Fixed Fertilized Pelagornis Egg making Allosaurus Kibble 252.83 Made all flyers, excluding the Quetzal and Wyvern, to become grounded and unable to fly when C4 Charge is attached to them. To disable this, use the server command, ?ForceFlyerExplosives=true 252.9 Fixed C4 on groundable flyers taking effect when they’re not over-water 253.8 Client fixed flyers falling through the world when grabbed by the Megalosaurus or Kaprosuchus 253.9 Fixed Pelagornis rotating poorly when on the water’s surface 253.98
- Flyers carrying C4 Charge can now fly, but at a significantly reduced Speed
- Fixed a bug where flyer-carried C4’s would disappear on clients after a certain distance
256.0 Added the flyer nerf.
- Flyers can no longer gain Stamina mid-air, and must eventually land. This can be changed in the server settings with ?AllowFlyingStaminaRecovery=true
- Flyers can no longer allocate levels to Movement Speed, nor gain Movement Speed from imprinting
- Mounted flyer Speed reduced for all flyers, ranging from a 10%-30% reduction depending on the flyer
- 50% decrease to all base Stamina in flyers, excluding the Lymantria
- Stamina in flyers now regenerate much slower, around 10 seconds across the board
- Passenger carry Weight now increased to 100% from the previous 30%
- Changed Pelagornis’ favorite kibble from Compy Kibble to Pegomastax Kibble
- Various other modifications to various stats
256.3 All flyers excluding Lymantria now have a ground attack 259.0 Fixed an issue where flyers out of stamina would not auto-land and become stuck mid-air 260.0 Players can now fish using the Fishing Rod while riding the Pelagornis in the water 263.0 Increased the ride distance for flyers to help players in the water to remount 278.0
- Fixed a case where a player could equip weapons that were not the Fishing Rod while riding on a swimming Pelagornis
- Fixed the Fishing Rod not working on the Pelagornis
- Fixed a bug which would cause flyers to flee when players when attacking water
- Improved flyer AI so they no longer circle each other when attacking each other so much
- Improved flyer following when in water
- Added Whistle Flyer Land command
306.75 Fixed a bug where Pelagornis would fly to the XYZ coordinates of 0 0 0 307.56
- Organic Polymer now Weighs 80% less in the Pelagornis’ inventory (weight reduction is not working in singleplayer)
- Increased Pelagornis organic polymer harvesting by approximately 30%
312.65 Mounting a flyer will no longer instantly cause it to take off
v · d · eCreatures